Monday, August 4, 2008

30

Well, I'm 30 now!! And no, I don't feel old. I think 27 was an "old feeling" for me. Plus, I bought some expensive face cream that I was wishing for, courtesy of some gift cards!, so I will be looking 29 again in no time.:)

My parents came down for the weekend on their Goldwing! Seriously!:) They allowed Chad and I to go on an overnight date which was a real treat. We got to try out golfing (really fun!), Chad bought me a massage, we went out for a nice dinner, saw the Batman movie, and stayed downtown at the Grove. Then on Friday morning we saddled up Jay and Heather's trailer (thanks a million!) and headed up (took 4 hours!) to Yellowpine, ID to check out Idaho's finest citizens. It was more fun just watching people than anything. My mom has quite a few pics on her blog you can check out for laughs. I had a really great time overall just spending time with family. Thanks for all of the birthday calls, cards, and emails yesterday; it made me feel so special.:) I would turn 30 again anytime!

7 comments:

Adam and Natalie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIDGE! Sorry you haven't gotten your birthday present yet and no, I haven't sent it yet. I think a wise old (probably about your age) lady once said, "Sometimes the best of gifts come about a week late."

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bridget. Have a great day!
~Kathleen

Dori and Chris said...

Happy b-day Bridge! Glad you got to enjoy your day - and spend it with your parents! Hope Emme and Levi are being nice to their "old" mommy ;)

-D

Heather said...

So glad you had fun. Im looking forward to seeing pics from the big event!

CookieMonsters said...

I am such a slacker cousin! I can't believe I forgot to tell you happy 30th! It looks like it was a good one. I finally got one post of my mother-in-law's visit up. I have been having quite the time uploading photos. Anyhoo...As your elder of nearly 8 whole years, I can only tell you that my 30s have been SO MUCH BETTER than my 20s! I hope 40s are even better, as they are just around the corner (YIKES!)

Happy belated birthday! Love ya!!!!
J\essi

tjsing said...

I looked at the pictures on the Kale Kourier and it made me miss Idaho! Glad your parents came in to town for your birthday and that you had such a great time. Is the face cream a family secret or are you sharing the beauty?
Jess

anthonyandbeth said...

happy birthday bridge! 30 isn't all that bad! :) glad you had time alone with chad and time with family. sounds perfect! we just saw the batman movie on sat. while on a date. :) it's was GREAT! and yes...still have the scar from the ridiculous license plate incident!!! :)