Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Fair

This past weekend we braved the heat and headed to the local State Fair with our friends the Histands! I love the Fair- the animals, Fair food, rides, and checking out the local night life. Serious night life peeps. Anyway, that will have to be a different post.

As kids, we LOVED the fair. Dad would always stop and check out some new gadget which we would inevitably end up bringing home with us (Living Air Purifier anyone?) or we would watch the waterless cookware demo for a solid 1/2 hour. Anyway, I hope my little guys have such fond memories when they become adults.:)




Owen and Levi driving the jeep. Kelly and Em ridin' shotgun.


"See I think this goat likes me! He is licking my face, eating all of my leftover food!" Levi, 22 mos.

"Hmmm, the quality of this wool is a little shabby; not good enough for me. Thanks anyway."

"Can you give me the specifics on this particular breed Ma'am? I'm interested in getting one for our backyard. Our lawn is a little long. Thankssomuch." Owen, 22 mos.


Perfect dinner at the fair! A Pronto pup corndog, and a nice tall strawberry lemonade. Delish.

7 comments:

bernieandangie said...

I love it! I wish we had heat up here. The goat is thinking, "another unsuspecting prey. I will tolerate it long enough to get within snout reach of food"

anthonyandbeth said...

i love your captions under the pictures! you are a hoot bridge! ;)

Heather said...

IM so glad you have such fond memories of the fair...my only memories are that I didnt get to go becuase I was usually in trouble by the begining of the school year. Jaxon just asked if we were going to the fair and I said "no, its not that fun!" What a poopy head I am! I really should give it another chance...or just a chance.

T said...

Hmmmm, it all looks strangely familiar. I think we had the exact experience over the weekend:Pronto Pups,check. Goat and sheep petting,check.Jeep ride, check. We love it too!

Adam and Natalie said...

I do love the fair. I don't think the NC state fair comes close to AK's though. I think it's all the memories I have attached to the one up there. Don't forget about the orange cloths that soak up anything from red wine to coca cola and the brooms made from tires.

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

I remember buying my first mexican poncho at the fair. hmmm... my first and LAST!

Bridgette said...

Is it still in that good of condition that you are still wearing it Gretch? Wow, best 8 bucks you ever spent.