Monday, May 12, 2008

Some would call it a Fashion Faux Pas

Have you ever heard of D on D?
Neither had I.
Until I met this girl.



It stands for Denim on Denim, which is considered a fashion crime by many a fashionista*. I cracked up for quite awhile when she told me of this phrase. I mean, I knew it was not cool to do, but D on D? Too funny.

Anyway, so Candee and I decided to play a little prank on our friend and wear D on D. So blatantly obvious! Well, she didn't even notice until I pointed out that I was seriously overheating with this DENIM jacket on...

Here's the picture of our fashion crime.


This was a fun night with friends. I think we will need a new trampoline mat now, as I was trying to add up the "poundage" of these 3 full grown men trying to crack the "Chad egg".



Here's a cute pic of the little man. After a long time of playing hard he walked directly over to the comfiest spot available and planted his little self down.



Never mind that it was mommy's day lily. I guess after a hard day playing a guy has gotta relax.


*Disclaimer* For those who might be wondering, some would consider D on D appropriate if the denim is a cropped jacket or shrug.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! LOL

joy said...

How dare you post that nasty picture of me!! I honestly look prego. I knew those trapeze shirts were no good for my bod!
I'll definitely have to do a follow up post on this! Nice work!

Amanda said...

I am SO glad to see that Cinco de Mayo was celebrated (of course, I am making an assumption, sombreros and all). The picture of Levi is awesome. Miss you all--

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

I, too, don't care for D on D. Considering that I am a fashionista, I guess it is not surprising. It is great to have a name for it finally...

Tyffany said...

Well, D on D.... don't know what else to say. But I love the background of your blog... where did you get it?

HMPhillips said...

"*Disclaimer* For those who might be wondering, some would consider D on D appropriate if the denim is a cropped jacket or shrug"

...Obviously because one "D" wouldn't be touching the other "D" there for it would be ok...not great but ok =P

Adam and Natalie said...

Okay, well actually I did D on D a couple weeks ago and felt awesome about myself. :) Seriously though, I can't/couldn't resist with dark denim jeans and my dark denim jacket. I had to confess to my friends who were having the same "denim on denim" convo a few days later. It's the worst though if the denim doesn't match. Think of mine as a casual suit. :)

Levi's seat picture is so cute.

Sherry said...

D on D is right up there with the white socks/black shoes combo...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, friends don't let friends do D on D.