Friday, February 1, 2008

The Rest of the Story

Most of you know what happened last Saturday, but for those who don't.....we were visiting Chad's parents for the weekend in Yakima when the crash happened. Debbie (my mother in law), Emme and Levi were all in the car when it happened. I was attempting to drive through an intersection while the other driver, who was driving the opposite direction, was attempting to take a left right in front of me. It had been snowing and slick roads....needless to say, he did not allow himself enough time to get some traction and turn before I slammed into him.....and then I slammed into the person behind him and then hit a telephone pole. Thankfully enough, no one was seriously hurt. I have moderate whiplash and Debbie also has had some back issues for which we are being treated for. Emme and Levi are doing well..definitely shaken up after the air bags deployed (extremely loud!) and of course, the actual collisions..

Anyway, now we just have to deal with the insurance for this whole mess! Not easy..especially being out of state.. the car is fixable (amazingly enough)! And that's the rest of the story.....

3 comments:

Adam and Natalie said...

Whoa! I thought the car was totaled. I guess it's good for you that it can be fixed.

Anonymous said...

thanks, for the update....i too am surprised the car wasn't totaled. thankful, those injuries were minor. love, r

Anonymous said...

Hey Bridgette - what an adventure we had in this car wreck. Everytime I go through that intersection I get a knot in my stomach!! Still Praising the Lord for his protection!
Debbie