Friday, January 18, 2008

Plants and Sew On

When I walk into someone's house for the first time and I decide that I really love their decorating style, I try to think about what it is that I exactly like about it. What makes it feel like a home. I think it's the amount of living things in the home. Namely plants. I think plants always look good and make a home look great. So when my Aunt Ramona came to visit this week, we decided to repot some plants I had that were looking rather sad. (read: all of my plants)



We repotted all the plants in the house and gave them fresh soil. This one looks much happier, don't you think?





She also is a sewing guru, in addition to a Plant Technician, so we came up with this little number for Emme's stained little chair. A cute little slipcover that can be pulled off and washed easily.


The finished product



My male model and the cute button accent




The main reason for her trip!! Emme's little curtain project that I had been wanting to sew now for a few months. Ramona taught me how to make the pleated ruffle and how to draw up the back with ribbon! It turned out perfectly.

Thanks Ramona for a wonderful visit and for all of your help!!

10 comments:

Adam and Natalie said...

Ooooo! NICE! My next project will be plants in my garden (or what should be a garden). I love the slipcover and curtain. I am a huge fan of red and blue together. Very pretty.

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

I am not good with plants. I only have one that requires no watering. I think I should get more though. As for the sewing, those projects turned out great. I could sure use Ramona at my house! My couch cushions have huge rips in them and Finn pulls the stuffing out!!

Anonymous said...

Love the valance and slipcover -- Nice to have an Aunt Ramona who is so talented.
I threw all my plants away last spring - they looked tired - and I was tired of trying to keep them alive - then this Christmas season a friend gave me a new Ivy plant - she noticed I did have one! HA!
Hope to see you next weekend Bridgette!
Debbie

Owen's Blog said...

The chair and curtain look GREAT. Good job and thank goodness for aunts who are so helpful and most of all crafty!! I hope she saved my plant :) Obviously you weren't going too!!!

Anonymous said...

cute title.....where's the picture of the beautiful plant on the cabinet??? thanks for the fun, love,r

Unknown said...

I think the slipcover turned out wonderful. What pretty colored fabric for both the chair and the curtain valance. I'm with you...I love plants too. They are just like us and need fresh soil with vitamins and water to thrive, just like our homes do. Ramona is so good to visit and help you out. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I envy those of you that can keep your plants alive. I have a "brown thumb".
Love the new slipcover and curtain. Does Ramona want to visit me? hehe Keep smiling, Kam

Anonymous said...

I need an Aunt Ramona!! That chair looks so adorable with those ribbons and the button on the back.

I was just at a friend's home last night who had some plants in their kitchen and I remember thinking how much it livened the room up! Love it.

Katie

HMPhillips said...

Man, Send her my way! I have been trying to figure out what to do with Ella's gross little pink chair too!

tjsing said...

I had to play catch up a little bit! So congrats to Phil and Gretch on Baby nuber two! I think I am going to invest in an aunt Romona, we all need her around! The curtains and slip cover are beautiful! Jess