Saturday, January 5, 2008

Merry Christmoose, belated of course

I am finally getting up the nerve to sift through 600 pictures of our Alaskan Christmas vacation! An daunting task for sure! I don't want to bore you with all of them (can I hear an AMEN?) so I am just posting a few from each event that I find interesting. See? I really do have your best interest in mind.

Update: Sorry some of the pics are sideways! I'm not ambitious enough to fix them now after blogging for an hour!!:)

A moose in the backyard! Now what a way to start our vacation!:)


Nat's first time seeing a moose. Nerd.


Our trip home started with awesome facials for Nat and I, and Gretch and Angie got massages. Definitely the way to begin a holiday!


My aunt Dorothy and I hanging out with my brother Bernie! As most of you know he is in Quatar right now, but he had this one-dimensional cutout made of himself so we could take him to all of our events! And he actually wore that elf costume while working! He is such a funny guy, even when he's not around.:)



A toast to Bern

Here are 15 of the 16 great grandkids from the Kale side!
What an awesome legacy.



Here are G-ma Batten's great grand kids!
She needs to get on the ball to catch up to the Kale side!:):)



Me and my boyfriend



We hardly got any presents this year!! Sidenote: I hope someone got Mom and Dad
game this year!


Em's new Christmas tent, also known as the "Tent of No Return". You'll have to ask me about it.




"Greta, have you seen the inside of my "Tent of No Return?"



Levi is such a monkey! Always climbing, and looking quite pleased about himself.




We had an AWESOME dinner of prime rib and crab legs while we were home.
So yummy. Great job Dad.



G-pop giving Levi a lesson in "how to ride a pony safely"




This is more Emme's type of pony



"Back away Mom, this is my photo op" Nephew Finn, age 9 1/2 mos.





Meet Angie! She will be the newest Kale come June! She is an awesome girl; Bern is a lucky guy.




Nat and I's first time seeing snow!!



Carsten, my cousin who is also 3 like Emme, enjoyed making sugar cookies with G-ma B. They used every last sugar crystal in the house.







An awesome gingerbread town fashioned after Tiny Tim's in Charles Dicken's book.




Chad trying to make out with me.


A whole family picture!



Christmas eve at G-ma Batten's house. Lots of family, busyness, and food. All things I love.




Cutie Aunt Ramona. I surprised her by taking the picture...and I know she looks at the blog, so I am posting it! Love ya R!




"sledding" with Carsten and Emme in the leaf-laden sled


A Phillips family pic in front of G-ma Kale's house. You perhaps
are wondering what Emme has on her eyes...well my peeps, that
is MAC spice long-last lipstick. And they weren't kidding about the long-last.


My beautiful 3 year old. With Nat holding the backdrop.




Levi during his photoshoot..umm..this is the best shot I got.





Cookie decorating party! The week before Christmas. The
fruits of her labor.



Levi quite enjoying his ride on the boogie board in the driveway!!



Nat's new myspace* picture, doesn't she look mysterious?

11 comments:

Adam and Natalie said...

If I'm so mysterious, then why are you revealing my identity? Tell Chad I want to see the Pete's creek pics too when he gets a chance.
Also, that certainly is not my first time seeing a moose. I was just trying to scare it away with my "no make-up" technique.

Anonymous said...

lovely pics B!! My fave is the one of Chad trying to make out with you! I got a flashback of my every memory of him in college! He was always finding a way to "break open his can of mac!" Love you guys and so glad to see you had a great Christmas! I am determined to figure out how to start a blog!! So fun!!

Katie

Heather said...

Yeah! Finally! Great pics! Looks like you had a great time...that is awesome. Other than having to turn my head sideways once in a while, I really enjoyed looking and reading about your time. I really have never seen a moose.

Heather said...

Ok-I just looked at the post again and had to comment about the Fat Head that BErnie made of himself(a fat head is actually what they call life size posters, just so you dont think Im calling Bernie a fat head)=) But that is the FUNNIEST and creepiest thing Ive ever seen! Where did he sleep? Please tell me you let him rest. Were his eyes always watching you?

Anonymous said...

wonder what goodie i was eating??? love, r
send me a copy of grandma with greats.....thanks

HMPhillips said...

Ok, first of all...Heather's second comment totally cracked me up! Welcome back to the lower 48...It looks like you guys had a great time over christmas. We all know the party never stops when the Kale fam gets together =) Congrats on your future aunt status!

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

Too bad Nat doesn't have a My Space. She would fit right in! Love the pics. Reminds me of all the good times. haha

Owen's Blog said...

Bridge, It looks GREAT. I love the pictures and some of my favorite are of the kid. It is obvious that you had a wonderful time with your family! You shared and created lots of memories!! Also awesome picture of you and Chad~love it.

anthonyandbeth said...

looks like a great time with the Kale family! you guys are always so fun! love the makeout photo! it too reminds me of the old college days! :) love nat's mysterious myspace photo, maybe she should start a myspace now that she has a nice photo to put up! congrats on adding another niece/newphew to your list. looks like you guys need to start having quite a bit more children to catch up with the other side of the family though! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your blogging B. I had a few good laughs going through your latest post...ie..."fat head". Would love to meet this character brother of yours. I finally commented. The B crowd goes wild...

Kale Family News said...

Bridgette Marie...Great pictures and blogging and worth it. I love seeing all those pictures. I myself hardly took any I was enjoying the kids so much so I'm thankful you girls did such a good recording all the fun things you did. What great memories. I love and miss you. Mom