Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Grandma B's Visit

During the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season I received a card from my grandmother which she had inscripted on the inside " I hope to see all (or some) of you on January 14 at the airport at suchandsuchatime"...in other words she was coming! I had little laugh about the way she was checking whether we were around or not. Only Grandma B would write a letter to check instead of a phone call, email, or through my mom. Gotta love it.


We had such a nice time drinking coffee every morning in our jammies, folding and refolding the kids drawers (read:she did it), organizing junk (again: all her and she LOVES it and ASKS), and just living in my life for a few days...


Here are a few pictures from her visit.



Every morning she would make Emme and Levi their own coffee milk. (mostly milk with just a titch of coffee to color the milk). They were in heaven.






Emme wearing an Austrian dirndl that was her great Aunt Dorothy's when she was a little girl. I love the sentiment.

Emme, Gram and I also went to a Tea House for a luncheon and to sip some tea like "real ladies." Em told me more than once to get my elbows off the table too. Yipes.


Claire was being a helper here. Grandma would fold something and put it away, while Claire would promptly rip it out of the dresser..so proud of herself. Turkey.
Thanks for the wonderful visit Gram. I loved every minute of it. Come and visit again soon. Like next month. Levi's drawers are already a mess. Love you.

4 comments:

Kale Family News said...

I love all the pictures and the description of Oma's trip. Great shots of her in action. I cannot believe Emme fits in Dot's dirndl. I remember when she wore that little dirndl. Looks so good on her. I love and miss you. Mom

Katie said...

Grandma B gets better looking each year!! What a beautiful person. Just love her.

Adam and Natalie said...

I want that dirndl!! These pics make me miss Grandma B.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for such a wonderful blog, Oma is the greatest! We had a wonderful time together in AZ, too.
Love, MillsFam
(former Freeloaders...teehee)