Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloweenie

For Halloween this year, Emme went as Stefanie from Lazy Town ( I think it's a cartoon on some weird channel! I'm not sure:)! And Levi went as, of course, SpiderMan. They had such a fun time at the Fall Fest that Calvary puts on at the Fairgrounds, and I like that they have activities to do for the evening! They played bowling, did a cake walk, went fishing, and did lots of other things like jump in bounce houses and slide down huge slides. Here are just a couple cute pics.


Spidey and Stef


Packing up the baggies
Then I got this awesome idea from a friend named Kim Hanson (hi Kim!). At the end of the evening, since the kids have gathered the amount of their body weight in candy, each child packs a baggie full of their favorite candies to keep and the rest of the candy gets collected by the "Candy Fairy." The "Candy Fairy" then takes the excess candy and gives it to Operation Christmas Child to be sent overseas with their holiday packages. In turn, the "Candy Fairy" will leave each child a book or paints or little car or something thanking them! I really loved this idea and the kids were excited to be generous with those less fortunate.

9 comments:

Heather said...

What a great idea! Im not sure Jax & Kenna would fall for the fairy bit but Ive been trying to come up with some way to get rid of all the candy without eating it! I LOVE Emme's pink hair! Kenna knew right away who she was! Did Levi get to use his webbing to snag some candy?!

joy said...

uh....Ian used to watch that show and she looks just like her!!!!
So cute! Do you find out what you're having this week? or do you already know?......

Unknown said...

that is one of the most awesome ideas i hve heard in a long time!
~kelly (wolf) kjellberg

Unknown said...

also...
is your baby a boy or a girl?

Kale Family News said...

Thanks for sharing your candy Emme and Levi. Children will love it and you will be blessed for giving. Great idea Bridgette. Pass that on to your friend. Love, Mom

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

I have never heard of Emme's character. She looks cute though! So does Levi. Please send me a shoebox of candy. We technically can be considered overseas.

Anonymous said...

The kids look so cute - sounds like they had a fun halloween. I love the idea of sending the candy overseas - might want to stick in a toothbrush and toothpaste too! Great idea B - Hey when are we going to hear about the new baby's sex?? Tomorrow??
Love you guys,
Mamo

Bridgette said...

For those of you inquiring on the new baby! I don't know the sex yet and I will hopefully find out Wednesday! Of course, both of my kids "hid" themselves the first time we tried to peek. So we had to go for a second attempt both times. :) Hopefully this little one will cooperate! I will post the info as soon as I know!

Bridgette

EL said...

Aww, that's a cute idea about the candy. I like it! Congrats on expecting a girl!