Saturday, March 1, 2008

While Daddy Is Away

Some of you know that poor Chad has been virtually MIA these past 10 days while working in McCall, working through the nights (45 out of 48 hours for one stint at M.P. yikes!), and now in Yakima picking up Ol' Blue and, you guessed it, working! He is still on the prayer chain, like every 10 minutes, at Nat's church. Just Kidding. But not really.


Anyway, here on the home front, I have been trying to occupy the kids with fun activities, trying to separate their day from evening (some stay-at-home moms may know what I'm talking about) basically so I don't lose my patience with them!:) Here are some cute pics of the kids from our "all mommy/all the time" party!



This weekend we went to the kid's workshop at Home Depot! They each got a cute little orange apron with their name on it, and then we built a race car!

Emme also got a haircut this week too. So much easier to comb through now!


Em checkin' herself out in the tub



Levi being mischievous turning the water off and on....off and on...

Come home soon Daddy! We miss you!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this isn't necessarily about your blog... but wondered if you had seen that Emme's name is now going to be famous..... JLo announced that is her daughters name..... guess you beat the rush on that being the popular name in school!??? :) Dawn

Phil, Gretch, and Finn said...

Very cute pictures. Good job being the full time parent. I am sure things will slow down here soon. PS- tell MP to buy bigger fans. :)

Anonymous said...

I miss you Bridge, babe and bubba...thanks for posting...cheered me up.

Natalie said...

Awwww! When I said "prayer chain", that means I told Adam who told Greta. I'll keep it up though! :) Good idea with the Home Depot class! That race car is cool! Em looks so pretty with her new haircut and Yeebs is as distinguished as ever.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bridgette - I know it's been tough being a single parent for the past 10 days - Know that Chad was working nonstop while in Yakima too - Poor guy - Please Lord make that back up restore work so my son can get some sleep!! Cute pics of the kids - love Em's new doo! You are such a creative mom - who would have thought to take them to Home depot for a little fun!! Blessings on you dear daughter in law - may God give you renewed strength every day that you may train your sweet little ones up in the way they should go! Please Father keep our little ones safe and draw their hearts close to you. Amen.
Love to all,
Mamo

Anonymous said...

Those Home Depot aprons are items of jealousy. I'll have to swing by and give you guys a high five. All my best.

Matt Thompson

Heather said...

We did that SAME workshop with Jax & Kenna only it was about 4 years ago! We still have those aprons and I think Jaxon still has his car that he made! Takes me back. Every picture I see of Levi he looks more and more like Chad! Amazing. Emme's hair is so cute. Did you do it or did you take her in?

joy said...

HI Bridgette!
I found your blog from A's. I decided to jump onto the bandwagon. Tough call doing double parent duty. Pretty soon we'll have to beg them to hang out with us and they will be too cool.....Other days- not soon enough. :)

Natalie said...

I was just looking at your pics again and noticed the cute pic of Emme checking herself out. Reminds me of her mom looking at her reflection in the window during family devotions...... :)

Anonymous said...

I love the Home Depot aprons. Talyn has one and he loves wearing it when he works at his workbench!

~Kathleen Hanson (AK)

Kale Family News said...

Emme's haircut is adorable! She looks so beautiful and Levi is just as charming as ever. That is a great photo of her reflection in the tub gizmo Bridge. Love, Mom